Few people knew what to think of IV drip bars when they first appeared on social media. The therapy became very popular after celebrities gave such glowing testimonials. Treatment centers popped up all over the country. As with any service that promises a range of health benefits for a low price, people wondered if the IV therapy they were receiving was safe. This article explains the workings of IV therapy, its safety, benefits, and price.
What is IV Therapy?
It’s important that you understand the process of IV therapy before we discuss its safety.
The first efforts of Dr. John Myers in IV vitamin therapy date back to the 1970s. Myers was so important to the development of IV vitamin therapy, that Myers Cocktail was named after him.
It is easy to understand the idea behind IV therapy. Patients receive both essential vitamins and mineral infusions via IV. The difference between IV vitamins and minerals and traditional multivitamins is the way in which these nutrients are absorbed by the body.
Ingestion of traditional multivitamins results in a 50% absorption rate. However, IV infusions deliver the vitamins and minerals straight into the bloodstream. This allows for a faster absorption and higher absorption rates — up to 90%.
The benefits of IV fluids are numerous. They can be used to treat a variety of conditions including dehydration and cold or flu symptoms.
Is IV Therapy safe?
The vast majority of IV therapies are safe. Most concerns about IV therapy safety are divided into two categories: IV administration and IV content.
- IV Administration: When choosing an IV therapy provider, the most important factor is to ensure that staff are properly trained and have knowledge about IV placement. To ensure proper IV administration, choose an IV clinic with licensed medical professionals like registered nurses.
- IV contents It is equally important for proper IV administration to choose an IV therapy package with a clear list of ingredients. You should ensure that your IV kit only contains saline and vitamins, minerals, and any medication necessary for symptom relief. Mobile IV Medics uses only the vitamins and medications that your body requires and will give you the best result – without frills or unnecessary treatments. Our patients’ safety and well-being is our top priority!
Why should I get IV Therapy?
You may be curious about IV therapy. If so, you should know the benefits of IV therapy and what symptoms it can alleviate.
We often don’t get the right amount of vitamins and minerals from our food and drinks, and this can have a negative impact on our health. Many people also struggle with maintaining adequate fluid intake. Dehydration and vitamin deficiencies can make us feel less than optimal.
IV therapy is a great way to get the nutrients and fluids you need, especially when your levels are hard to reach because of illness, jet-lag, or hangovers.
Here are some of most popular IV therapies:
- Relieve hangover symptoms with IV therapy: This is one of the most common uses for this treatment. Alcohol consumption can lead to dehydration and, because alcohol is diuretic in nature, we may lose nutrients that are essential to feeling our best. IV therapy can provide the fluids and nutrients required to reduce these symptoms. It also offers a variety of options including anti-nausea, anti-inflammatory and other components.
- Reduce cold and flu symptoms. Your body needs nutrients and hydration to support your immunity. The IV therapy can provide the needed hydration, and may also include essential nutrients such as vitamin C, and B12 to improve immune system function. It may also contain medication for headaches and pain, and for fever.
- Relieve symptoms of morning sickness: Fluids and nutrients are essential for a healthy pregnancy, but morning nausea can make it difficult to get both. Along with the fluids in IV therapy, morning sickness packages can also include anti-nausea medication and nutrients that are crucial for fetal growth, such as calcium, iron and folic. The absorption rate of IV therapy is much higher than that of multivitamins.
- Reducing jet lag symptoms Jet lag can have a serious impact on your energy levels, whether you are flying for work or pleasure. Combining time zone changes with low humidity in planes can cause dehydration, which will increase feelings of fatigue. The IV therapy includes fluids for hydration and B vitamins that reduce fatigue, brain fog, and headaches.
How much does IV therapy cost?
The price of IV therapy is dependent on factors like the type of treatment package, level of care and other factors.
Most clinics and providers charge between $100 and 500 depending on the type and duration of your IV treatment. Use your HSA to pay treatment and get ahead of the tax curve.
To ensure that your IV treatment is a successful one, do your research and ask questions about your provider before you book your appointment.
This post was written by a medical professional at The Wellness Firm. The Wellness Firm offers IV therapy in St Petersburg FL, such as micronutrient testing, food intolerance testing, IV cocktails, IM injections, IV vitamins for chronic infections, blood workL, COVID services off & offsite and more! The Wellness Firm has professionals that provide in-person hands-on, quality service.